Your Best Ice Cream Social Yet
Ice cream needs no introduction. With its delectable creamy texture, this birthday party accompaniment has been gracing the tables of life’s celebrations for centuries. But that’s not all. This cool, sweet treat is also the perfect way to chill out with on a hot summer day, enjoy all by yourself, or share with friends. Whether you are hosting a backyard pool party, a neighborhood meet and greet, or celebrating National Ice Cream Month, this frozen confectionary dessert deserves royal treatment.
This year, send the kids back to school on a sweet note by hosting a neighborhood ice cream social. We have no doubt you’ll be the toast of the neighborhood. So, here’s the scoop. To make it super easy, we put together a list of tips and products to use for your best ice cream party yet.
Serve Super Scrumptious Flavors
To start your party off on a sweet spot, and since we live in Texas, it seems fitting that you serve the state’s most popular flavor. Coming in at #1 is Cookies and Cream. Which, when you think about it makes sense. Chocolate sandwich cookies mixed with ice cream touches all the flavor senses. And you get to eat two desserts in one.
Follow with runners-up vanilla and chocolate. Then, choose another variety. Remember to keep it simple. Three to four flavors will cover most taste preferences. Homemade and handcrafted varieties are best. To churn out yummy gourmet varieties like Raspberry Chocolate Chip or Fluffy Marshmallow you’ll need an ice cream machine. The White Mountain brand is an excellent choice and available at Breed and Company. They make two versions—electric and hand-cranked. Rooted in tradition, the White Mountain brand has been making memories for over 150 years.
If You Build It They Will Come
Here’s a no shocker. They are going to come anyway. So, make it easy on yourself and set the bar high. For a super cool event an ice cream sundae bar won’t disappoint. It’s also a sure-fire way to feed a crowd. Kids love to decorate their food. And so do adults when given the chance. To set up the perfect ice cream sundae bar here’s what you’ll need:
- Plenty of space. Your serving area should be large enough so that everyone can walk around comfortably. Or, set up a table against the wall so that the line forms and flows in one direction.
- Ice cream holders. Ice cream cones, waffle bowls and chocolate cups are perfect for piling up scoops of creamy deliciousness. They come in a variety of sizes and flavors. For those that prefer to eat sans a cone or waffle bowl be sure to set out bowls and utensils.
- Pre-scooped ice cream flavors. If you are expecting a large crowd scoop all of the flavors you are going to serve and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Freeze the scoops. Bring out the frozen scoops right before you serve. Placing the tray of scoops on top of ice will prevent it from melting too quickly.
- Toppings and Sauces. From candied sprinkles to chocolate curls to candy-bar favorites, whipped cream and fresh fruit toppings there’s no boundaries on this one. For the perfect Turtle Sundae provide guests with sauces like Stonewall Kitchen’s Toffee Sauce available at Breed and Company. Create the ultimate taste sensation with mounds of vanilla ice cream with swirls of whipped cream and chocolate curls topped with a maraschino cherry.
- Baked Goods. To mix it up provide guests with a variety of crumbled cookies, brownies and cake. Or, have a plate set aside of sliced baked goods for guests to make their very own ice cream sandwiches.
Invitations, Decorations and Props
Start by making your own invitations. Or, if time is a limiting factor design them on Evite. Creative ideas and inspiration for super cute décor is everywhere. Pastels, DIY projects, balloon ice cream cones, and so much more. For extra special cuteness use Meri Meri ice cream garland available at Breed and Company. Retro 3D ice cream cone paper pennants dangle from the garland in colors of pistachio, strawberry, lemon and vanilla. Between each cone hangs pastel and gold foil bunting, and letters strung on yellow cord spelling out ‘we love ice cream’.
Make ice cream the center of your next life celebration with superior products, toppings, and décor from Breed & Company. We’re your hometown hardware store with décor and so much more. Visit us today and discover our many products for your home, garden, and all your entertaining and gift-giving needs. For the best selection shop all four Austin area locations.